The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
Build SDL2 Game W/MSVS15 For Windows Store?
JeZ-l-Lee

Build SDL2 Game W/MSVS15 For Windows Store?

Hi,

I am running Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 10 Pro 64Bit and Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2015 R.C. Community Edition.
Does anyone know of a good tutorial to build a Windows(R) Store SDL2 app using Visual Studio 2015?
Thanks!
JeZ-l-Lee

Hi Again,

The game is "LettersFall 5".

Here is the URL download to the project, it's open-source & cross-platform:
http://16bitsoft.com/files-V2/LF5-WinLinux.zip

Here are some screenshots, the game is finished, just don't know how to use MSVS15 to make Windows(R) Store app...
Re: Build SDL2 Game W/MSVS15 For Windows Store?
DLudwig

JeZ-l-Lee wrote:
I am running Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 10 Pro 64Bit and Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2015 R.C. Community Edition.
Does anyone know of a good tutorial to build a Windows(R) Store SDL2 app using Visual Studio 2015?
Thanks!

I have pending work on Win10 support. It does have known bugs, isn't a guarantee to make it into SDL-official, and I probably won't be able to get back to working on it until at least a month or so (after I get back from vacation, and finish up a few other things), and unfortunately I can't guarantee that I'll be able to finish up anything in particular. Sad

If you want to try out the pending work, a copy's in the "win10" branch at https://bitbucket.org/DavidLudwig/sdl/. Just note that using it is at your own risk, and there's apt to be a lot of things not working for a while. I'll be happy to look over bug reports and/or patches, though.

Cheers,
-- David L.
Re: Build SDL2 Game W/MSVS15 For Windows Store?
DLudwig

Also, if you end up trying out my experimental win10 branch, I'd be happy to try to answer question(s) you have regarding it. I will be largely offline for the next few weeks, though, and won't be available to answer things right away. If that's ok, feel free to ask away. :-)

Cheers,
-- David L.
JeZ-l-Lee

Thanks...

My SDL2 game runs 100% perfect on Windows(R) 10 Pro 64Bit.
What I am asking is how to use MSVS15 to build Windows(R) Store app?
Thanks!