The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.


SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
Announcing SDL 2.0.4
Sam Lantinga


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 1765
Thanks to everyone who contributed, SDL 2.0.4 is now available!
http://www.libsdl.org/download-2.0.php


In addition to numerous bug fixes, here are the major changes since 2.0.3:


General:
* Added support for web applications using Emscripten, see docs/README-emscripten.md for more information
* Added support for web applications using Native Client (NaCl), see docs/README-nacl.md for more information
* Added an API to queue audio instead of using the audio callback:
    SDL_QueueAudio(), SDL_GetQueuedAudioSize(), SDL_ClearQueuedAudio()
* Added events for audio device hot plug support:
    SDL_AUDIODEVICEADDED, SDL_AUDIODEVICEREMOVED
* Added SDL_PointInRect()
* Added SDL_HasAVX2() to detect CPUs with AVX2 support
* Added SDL_SetWindowHitTest() to let apps treat parts of their SDL window like traditional window decorations (drag areas, resize areas)
* Added SDL_GetGrabbedWindow() to get the window that currently has input grab, if any
* Added SDL_RenderIsClipEnabled() to tell whether clipping is currently enabled in a renderer
* Added SDL_CaptureMouse() to capture the mouse to get events while the mouse is not in your window
* Added SDL_WarpMouseGlobal() to warp the mouse cursor in global screen space
* Added SDL_GetGlobalMouseState() to get the current mouse state outside of an SDL window* Added a direction field to mouse wheel events to tell whether they are flipped
 (natural) or not
* Added GL_CONTEXT_RELEASE_BEHAVIOR GL attribute (maps to [WGL|GLX]_ARB_context_
flush_control extension)
* Added EGL_KHR_create_context support to allow OpenGL ES version selection on s
ome platforms* Added NV12 and NV21 YUV texture support for OpenGL and OpenGL ES 2.0 renderers
* Added a Vivante video driver that is used on various SoC platforms
* Added an event SDL_RENDER_DEVICE_RESET that is sent from the D3D renderers when the D3D device is lost, and from Android's event loop when the GLES context ha
d to be recreated
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_NO_SIGNAL_HANDLERS to disable SDL's built in signal hand
ling* Added a hint SDL_HINT_THREAD_STACK_SIZE to set the stack size of SDL's threads
* Added SDL_sqrtf(), SDL_tan(), and SDL_tanf() to the stdlib routines
* Improved support for WAV and BMP files with unusual chunks in them
* Renamed SDL_assert_data to SDL_AssertData and SDL_assert_state to SDL_AssertSt
ate
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_WINDOW_FRAME_USABLE_WHILE_CURSOR_HIDDEN to prevent window interaction while cursor is hidden
* Added SDL_GetDisplayDPI() to get the DPI information for a display* Added SDL_JoystickCurrentPowerLevel() to get the battery level of a joystick
* Added SDL_JoystickFromInstanceID(), as a helper function, to get the SDL_Joystick* that an event is referring to.
* Added SDL_GameControllerFromInstanceID(), as a helper function, to get the SDL_GameController* that an event is referring to.


Windows:
* Added support for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10/UWP (Universal Windows Platform)
* Timer resolution is now 1 ms by default, adjustable with the SDL_HINT_TIMER_RESOLUTION hint
* SDLmain no longer depends on the C runtime, so you can use the same .lib in both Debug and Release builds
* Added SDL_SetWindowsMessageHook() to set a function to be called for every windows message before TranslateMessage()
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_WINDOWS_ENABLE_MESSAGELOOP to control whether SDL_PumpEvents() processes the Windows message loop
* You can distinguish between real mouse and touch events by looking for SDL_TOUCH_MOUSEID in the mouse event "which" field
* SDL_SysWMinfo now contains the window HDC
* Added support for Unicode command line options
* Prevent beeping when Alt-key combos are pressed
* SDL_SetTextInputRect() re-positions the OS-rendered IME
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_WINDOWS_NO_CLOSE_ON_ALT_F4 to prevent generating SDL_WINDOWEVENT_CLOSE events when Alt-F4 is pressed
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_XINPUT_USE_OLD_JOYSTICK_MAPPING to use the old axis and button mapping for XInput devices (deprecated)


Mac OS X:
* Implemented drag-and-drop support
* Improved joystick hot-plug detection
* The SDL_WINDOWEVENT_EXPOSED window event is triggered in the appropriate situations
* Fixed relative mouse mode when the application loses/regains focus
* Fixed bugs related to transitioning to and from Spaces-aware fullscreen-desktop mode
* Fixed the refresh rate of display modes
* SDL_SysWMInfo is now ARC-compatible
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_MAC_BACKGROUND_APP to prevent forcing the application to become a foreground process


Linux:
* Enabled building with Mir and Wayland support by default.
* Added IBus IME support
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_IME_INTERNAL_EDITING to control whether IBus should handle text editing internally instead of sending SDL_TEXTEDITING events
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_VIDEO_X11_NET_WM_PING to allow disabling _NET_WM_PING protocol handling in SDL_CreateWindow()
* Added support for multiple audio devices when using Pulseaudio
* Fixed duplicate mouse events when using relative mouse motion


iOS:
* Added support for iOS 8
* The SDL_WINDOW_ALLOW_HIGHDPI window flag now enables high-dpi support, and SDL_GL_GetDrawableSize() or SDL_GetRendererOutputSize() gets the window resolution in pixels
* SDL_GetWindowSize() and display mode sizes are in the "DPI-independent points" / "screen coordinates" coordinate space rather than pixels (matches OS X behavior)
* Added native resolution support for the iPhone 6 Plus
* Added support for MFi game controllers
* Added support for the hint SDL_HINT_ACCELEROMETER_AS_JOYSTICK
* Added sRGB OpenGL ES context support on iOS 7+
* Added support for SDL_DisableScreenSaver(), SDL_EnableScreenSaver() and the hint SDL_HINT_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER
* SDL_SysWMinfo now contains the OpenGL ES framebuffer and color renderbuffer objects used by the window's active GLES view
* Fixed various rotation and orientation issues
* Fixed memory leaks


Android:
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_ANDROID_SEPARATE_MOUSE_AND_TOUCH to prevent mouse events from being registered as touch events
* Added hints SDL_HINT_ANDROID_APK_EXPANSION_MAIN_FILE_VERSION and SDL_HINT_ANDROID_APK_EXPANSION_PATCH_FILE_VERSION
* Added support for SDL_DisableScreenSaver(), SDL_EnableScreenSaver() and the hint SDL_HINT_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER
* Added support for SDL_ShowMessageBox() and SDL_ShowSimpleMessageBox()


Raspberry Pi:
* Added support for the Raspberry Pi 2
Announcing SDL 2.0.4
JeZ-l-Lee


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 572
Location: Long Island, New York, United States, Earth
Congrats on the release!
I've been tied up with a new job and HTML5
But promise to return to SDL

Jesse



On 1/3/2016 1:18 PM, Sam Lantinga wrote:

Quote:
Thanks to everyone who contributed, SDL 2.0.4 is now available!
http://www.libsdl.org/download-2.0.php


In addition to numerous bug fixes, here are the major changes since 2.0.3:


General:
* Added support for web applications using Emscripten, see docs/README-emscripten.md for more information
* Added support for web applications using Native Client (NaCl), see docs/README-nacl.md for more information
* Added an API to queue audio instead of using the audio callback:
SDL_QueueAudio(), SDL_GetQueuedAudioSize(), SDL_ClearQueuedAudio()
* Added events for audio device hot plug support:
SDL_AUDIODEVICEADDED, SDL_AUDIODEVICEREMOVED
* Added SDL_PointInRect()
* Added SDL_HasAVX2() to detect CPUs with AVX2 support
* Added SDL_SetWindowHitTest() to let apps treat parts of their SDL window like traditional window decorations (drag areas, resize areas)
* Added SDL_GetGrabbedWindow() to get the window that currently has input grab, if any
* Added SDL_RenderIsClipEnabled() to tell whether clipping is currently enabled in a renderer
* Added SDL_CaptureMouse() to capture the mouse to get events while the mouse is not in your window
* Added SDL_WarpMouseGlobal() to warp the mouse cursor in global screen space
* Added SDL_GetGlobalMouseState() to get the current mouse state outside of an SDL window* Added a direction field to mouse wheel events to tell whether they are flipped
(natural) or not
* Added GL_CONTEXT_RELEASE_BEHAVIOR GL attribute (maps to [WGL|GLX]_ARB_context_
flush_control extension)
* Added EGL_KHR_create_context support to allow OpenGL ES version selection on s
ome platforms* Added NV12 and NV21 YUV texture support for OpenGL and OpenGL ES 2.0 renderers
* Added a Vivante video driver that is used on various SoC platforms
* Added an event SDL_RENDER_DEVICE_RESET that is sent from the D3D renderers when the D3D device is lost, and from Android's event loop when the GLES context ha
d to be recreated
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_NO_SIGNAL_HANDLERS to disable SDL's built in signal hand
ling* Added a hint SDL_HINT_THREAD_STACK_SIZE to set the stack size of SDL's threads
* Added SDL_sqrtf(), SDL_tan(), and SDL_tanf() to the stdlib routines
* Improved support for WAV and BMP files with unusual chunks in them
* Renamed SDL_assert_data to SDL_AssertData and SDL_assert_state to SDL_AssertSt
ate
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_WINDOW_FRAME_USABLE_WHILE_CURSOR_HIDDEN to prevent window interaction while cursor is hidden
* Added SDL_GetDisplayDPI() to get the DPI information for a display* Added SDL_JoystickCurrentPowerLevel() to get the battery level of a joystick
* Added SDL_JoystickFromInstanceID(), as a helper function, to get the SDL_Joystick* that an event is referring to.
* Added SDL_GameControllerFromInstanceID(), as a helper function, to get the SDL_GameController* that an event is referring to.


Windows:
* Added support for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10/UWP (Universal Windows Platform)
* Timer resolution is now 1 ms by default, adjustable with the SDL_HINT_TIMER_RESOLUTION hint
* SDLmain no longer depends on the C runtime, so you can use the same .lib in both Debug and Release builds
* Added SDL_SetWindowsMessageHook() to set a function to be called for every windows message before TranslateMessage()
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_WINDOWS_ENABLE_MESSAGELOOP to control whether SDL_PumpEvents() processes the Windows message loop
* You can distinguish between real mouse and touch events by looking for SDL_TOUCH_MOUSEID in the mouse event "which" field
* SDL_SysWMinfo now contains the window HDC
* Added support for Unicode command line options
* Prevent beeping when Alt-key combos are pressed
* SDL_SetTextInputRect() re-positions the OS-rendered IME
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_WINDOWS_NO_CLOSE_ON_ALT_F4 to prevent generating SDL_WINDOWEVENT_CLOSE events when Alt-F4 is pressed
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_XINPUT_USE_OLD_JOYSTICK_MAPPING to use the old axis and button mapping for XInput devices (deprecated)


Mac OS X:
* Implemented drag-and-drop support
* Improved joystick hot-plug detection
* The SDL_WINDOWEVENT_EXPOSED window event is triggered in the appropriate situations
* Fixed relative mouse mode when the application loses/regains focus
* Fixed bugs related to transitioning to and from Spaces-aware fullscreen-desktop mode
* Fixed the refresh rate of display modes
* SDL_SysWMInfo is now ARC-compatible
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_MAC_BACKGROUND_APP to prevent forcing the application to become a foreground process


Linux:
* Enabled building with Mir and Wayland support by default.
* Added IBus IME support
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_IME_INTERNAL_EDITING to control whether IBus should handle text editing internally instead of sending SDL_TEXTEDITING events
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_VIDEO_X11_NET_WM_PING to allow disabling _NET_WM_PING protocol handling in SDL_CreateWindow()
* Added support for multiple audio devices when using Pulseaudio
* Fixed duplicate mouse events when using relative mouse motion


iOS:
* Added support for iOS 8
* The SDL_WINDOW_ALLOW_HIGHDPI window flag now enables high-dpi support, and SDL_GL_GetDrawableSize() or SDL_GetRendererOutputSize() gets the window resolution in pixels
* SDL_GetWindowSize() and display mode sizes are in the "DPI-independent points" / "screen coordinates" coordinate space rather than pixels (matches OS X behavior)
* Added native resolution support for the iPhone 6 Plus
* Added support for MFi game controllers
* Added support for the hint SDL_HINT_ACCELEROMETER_AS_JOYSTICK
* Added sRGB OpenGL ES context support on iOS 7+
* Added support for SDL_DisableScreenSaver(), SDL_EnableScreenSaver() and the hint SDL_HINT_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER
* SDL_SysWMinfo now contains the OpenGL ES framebuffer and color renderbuffer objects used by the window's active GLES view
* Fixed various rotation and orientation issues
* Fixed memory leaks


Android:
* Added a hint SDL_HINT_ANDROID_SEPARATE_MOUSE_AND_TOUCH to prevent mouse events from being registered as touch events
* Added hints SDL_HINT_ANDROID_APK_EXPANSION_MAIN_FILE_VERSION and SDL_HINT_ANDROID_APK_EXPANSION_PATCH_FILE_VERSION
* Added support for SDL_DisableScreenSaver(), SDL_EnableScreenSaver() and the hint SDL_HINT_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER
* Added support for SDL_ShowMessageBox() and SDL_ShowSimpleMessageBox()


Raspberry Pi:
* Added support for the Raspberry Pi 2






Quote:
_______________________________________________
SDL mailing list

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org

[/url] This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast. [url=https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient]www.avast.com
Announcing SDL 2.0.4
markand


Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Le 03/01/2016 19:18, Sam Lantinga a crit :
Quote:
Thanks to everyone who contributed, SDL 2.0.4 is now available!
http://www.libsdl.org/download-2.0.php

In addition to numerous bug fixes, here are the major changes since 2.0.3:


Hello,

Thanks !

However I have a problem compiling on MinGW-w64 (gcc 5.2), SDL 2.0.1
compiles fine though.

I get the following error (and much more)

/bin/sh build-scripts/updaterev.sh
CC build/SDL_render_d3d11.lo
src/render/direct3d11/SDL_render_d3d11.c:140:19: error: static
declaration of 'IID_IDXGIFactory2' follows non-static declaration
static const GUID IID_IDXGIFactory2 = { 0x50c83a1c, 0xe072, 0x4c48, {
0x87, 0xb0, 0x36, 0x30, 0xfa, 0x36, 0xa6, 0xd0 } };

Also errors like this :

c:/src/x86/SDL2-2.0.4/src/core/windows/SDL_windows.h:50:12: note:
declared here
extern int WIN_SetErrorFromHRESULT(const char *prefix, HRESULT hr);
^
src/render/direct3d11/SDL_render_d3d11.c: In function
'D3D11_CreateDeviceResources':
src/render/direct3d11/SDL_render_d3d11.c:1044:56: warning: passing
argument 2 of 'CreateDXGIFactoryFunc' from incompatible pointer type
[-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
result = CreateDXGIFactoryFunc(&IID_IDXGIFactory2,
&data->dxgiFactory);
^
src/render/direct3d11/SDL_render_d3d11.c:1044:56: note: expected 'void
**' but argument is of type 'IDXGIFactory2 ** {aka struct IDXGIFactory2 **}'
src/render/direct3d11/SDL_render_d3d11.c:1046:46: error: expected ')'
before string constant
WIN_SetErrorFromHRESULT(__FUNCTION__ ", CreateDXGIFactory",
result);
^
src/render/direct3d11/SDL_render_d3d11.c:1046:9: error: too few
arguments to function 'WIN_SetErrorFromHRESULT'
WIN_SetErrorFromHRESULT(__FUNCTION__ ", CreateDXGIFactory",
result);

Here's the full error log :

http://pastebin.com/aDFzEALs

Cheers

--
David Demelier

_______________________________________________
SDL mailing list

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org
Re: Announcing SDL 2.0.4
DLudwig


Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Posts: 179
markand wrote:
However I have a problem compiling on MinGW-w64 (gcc 5.2), SDL 2.0.1
compiles fine though.

I get the following error (and much more)


SDL has a buildbot that should be catching MinGW build errors. I'm wondering if there's something it missed.

Is there any change you could try a fresh + complete rebuild of SDL 2.0.4, under your environment, while collecting a log of all the commands you run to configure and build SDL, with both their inputs and outputs? (Assuming, of course, that you're trying to build completely via the command line.)

-- David L.
abma


Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Quote:
* Prevent beeping when Alt-key combos are pressed


great, thanks for the release!

btw why was this posted in the development forum and not into "SDL Announcements" forum?[/quote]
Announcing SDL 2.0.4
ancientli


Joined: 01 Jul 2015
Posts: 45
great, thanks!
Announcing SDL 2.0.4
markand


Joined: 11 Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Configuring SDL using --disable-directx did the trick for me.

Regards,

--
David Demelier

_______________________________________________
SDL mailing list

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org
G-Shadow


Joined: 07 Sep 2014
Posts: 5
Sorry, possibly strange question but I have little misunderstanding about version numbering.
MinGW developer archive "SDL2-devel-2.0.4-mingw.tar.gz" contains "include" directories at archive root as well as inside CPU-dependent sub-directories (i686... and x86_64... ones).
The CPU-dependent versions are ok, but root "include" directory looks like obsolete and defines libSDL version as 2.0.2.
I found same problem in 2.0.3 release archive as well, so I wonder if I don`t understand something about why this directory need and why 2.0.2?
Thanks Smile
Superberti


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 2
Great to hear that there's a new version of the libsdl.

Especially the "Added support for the Raspberry Pi 2" is interisting for me.
As I already had good success compiling and using libsdl 2.0.3 with hardware accelleration on the Raspi 2,
I like to ask for the enhancements in this version (only the Raspi 2 part).

Thanks and bye,
Oliver
Announcing SDL 2.0.4
Ryan C. Gordon
Guest

Quote:
I like to ask for the enhancements in this version (only the Raspi 2 part).

I think it was just minor details to get it building correctly, nothing
to dramatic.

--ryan.



_______________________________________________
SDL mailing list

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org
SDL/Wayland window decorations?
Jirik


Joined: 25 Nov 2013
Posts: 2
Sorry for a bit theoretical question as I am not using Wayland yet. Wayland mandates window decorations to be client side. So how can we get decorated windows with SDL2+Wayland? For example this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X6jxGeEevw shows windows without decorations. Obviously you still want decorated windows with Wayland. I am confused how that would be possible since the decorations would have to be rendered by SDL. How can you do that and not pull in a full-fledged toolkit? And wouldn't you want the look and feel of the decorations match your other (GTK/Qt/Fltk/...) windows?
Re: Announcing SDL 2.0.4
rtrussell


Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 88
I've reported this in another thread, but can I just confirm that SDL 2.0.4 is broken when using OpenGLES on Android: attempting to resume my app from the background results in a black screen. SDL 2.0.3 works perfectly in this respect, so for the time being I am forced to continue to use that, which is a pity.

Richard.