The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
Fields of Fresh -A New Epic RPG- KickStarter- Goal reached
theweirdn8

Fields of Fresh has been in development for about 2 years now, and we need your support for the final stages. We want to provide the best pixel-arted, side-scrolled, action packed, overly dramatic, farming RPG game possible.

Things we need to fund are our voice actors, musicians to create unique music for the game, spriters and animators.

This project has grown constantly overtime, with us going from developing the Game in Game Maker to C++. That conversion process has taken up quite the amount of time. If you are tired of all of the bad social farming games, please back our project to support a farming game going to the roots of what a RPG game should really be.

Thank you for your support.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/799238739/fields-of-fresh-epic-campaign-for-an-epic-rpg/?ref=forums.libsdl.org

^^^Simply click the link above to our kickstarter page. Also please share/repost/tweet. We'd really appreciate it!^^^

Thanks again your support to indie gaming everywhere!
theweirdn8

The campaign has restarted!
theweirdn8

Every pledge, tweet, post and suggestion helps.

For those who haven't seen the latest update. Behold! Update #7 has arrived with 2 new characters.
theweirdn8

We made it to the goal!

1 more day left.

Also, please checkout Update 11.
macrofeet

Hey,

In your video you said could not find many good farming games what about Minecraft or Farmville i've seen about 3 farm games on the xbox360 also and i dont play farming games so there must be more.
theweirdn8

We're filling a need we see.

Does that make sense?
bala_48225

Quote:
Hey,

In your video you said could not find many good farming games what about Minecraft or Farmville i've seen about 3 farm games on the xbox360 also and i dont play farming games so there must be more.

I don't play those games either, but from what I gather, they're inspired by the game Harvest Moon, which was in an addictive category much different from other (especially social) farming games. One friend of mine started playing it on her day off first thing in the morning and didn't notice that she did't eat until the sun went down.
theweirdn8

LOL sorry for late reply, but yes.