SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple DirectMedia Layer Forums
Reply to topic
Hiding the Cursor / Warp Mouse (SDL 1.3)
Daniel

I've been unable to hide the mouse cursor (properly) using SDL. I am using Ubuntu 10.10 and have been using the following:

SDL_ShowCursor( SDL_DISABLE );
SDL_WarpMouse( x, y );

Neither of which function properly at all; it would appear to have no visual effect, there is however a triggered mouse motion event as the documentation states, but the mouse does not move in any or disappear on screen.

The SDL Window is created (via SDL_CreateWindow) with the flags SDL_WINDOW_OPENGL | SDL_WINDOW_SHOWN. Fullscreen has no effect on the outcome.

Running the window at low resolutions in fullscreen mode (such as 640x480), does provide the desired effect of the commands; but the cursor bleeds through from the underlying windows.
Around 1024x768, it has a completely different cursor icon.
As I get higher in resolution, it stops bleeding through and just acts as though its a window (the Gnome cursor). With no effect of above commands.

Any ideas?
Sam Lantinga

Yes, cursors are not yet implemented in SDL 1.3.  I'm sort of intentionally leaving them unimplemented as a reminder that 1.3 isn't ready yet.

However, as soon as I finish my fullscreen work I'll be working on them, so soon now! Smile

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Daniel wrote:
Quote:
I've been unable to hide the mouse cursor (properly) using SDL. I am using Ubuntu 10.10 and have been using the following:

SDL_ShowCursor( SDL_DISABLE );
SDL_WarpMouse( x, y );

Neither of which function properly at all; it would appear to have no visual effect, there is however a triggered mouse motion event as the documentation states, but the mouse does not move in any or disappear on screen.

The SDL Window is created (via SDL_CreateWindow) with the flags SDL_WINDOW_OPENGL | SDL_WINDOW_SHOWN. Fullscreen has no effect on the outcome.

Running the window at low resolutions in fullscreen mode (such as 640x480), does provide the desired effect of the commands; but the cursor bleeds through from the underlying windows.
Around 1024x768, it has a completely different cursor icon.
As I get higher in resolution, it stops bleeding through and just acts as though its a window (the Gnome cursor). With no effect of above commands.

Any ideas?

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org

--
    -Sam Lantinga, Founder and CEO, Galaxy Gameworks