The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
SDL Net issues
djkarstenv

Hi All,

Just a quick question...I am writing a small application to connect two computers using SDL Net. However the whole application seems to freeze for 10-15 seconds when calling SDLNet_TCP_Open(). Afterwards it creates the server socket no problem, but why is it taking so long to create / open the socket?

I am using Windows 10, could there be network issues associated with the OS that seems to block SDL Net?

Please help.

Many thanks!

Smile
oviano

I haven't seen that behaviour myself...you could try using telnet to connect to the same address and see if that also takes a long time?

This might help determine whether it's something about your network setup or SDL_net.
SDL Net issues
MrOzBarry

Can you paste your TCP server binding code? Also what version of SDL_net?

On Dec 30, 2016 9:51 AM, "djkarstenv" wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

Just a quick question...I am writing a small application to connect two computers using SDL Net. However the whole application seems to freeze for 10-15 seconds when calling SDLNet_TCP_Open(). Afterwards it creates the server socket no problem, but why is it taking so long to create / open the socket?

I am using Windows 10, could there be network issues associated with the OS that seems to block SDL Net?

Please help.

Many thanks!

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org