The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
SDL program does'nt output anything to the console need help
O10101010

Found the problem, and sorry for the miss leading information, the .bat file which calls the run.exe worked fine after i compiled the program using code blocks so the issue was with the compiler .bat, and computer restart was irrelevant i just didn't trace back my steps correctly sorry , once i removed "-w -Wl,-subsystem,windows" everything was back to normal.
SDL program does'nt output anything to the console need help
O10101010

Hi, I'm using a .bat to call my program everything works fine except that I don't see any of the messages in the console. If I call the program directly from the .exe the console displays everything as it's meant to. The problem only occurs after I compile the program, if i don't compile the program then the .bat works as if i was calling directly from .exe, after i compile i need to restart my pc for the .bat to work again. I'm also using a batch file to compile: cd C:\............. gcc Run.c -I C:\sdl\i686-w64-mingw32\include\SDL2 -I C:\....... -I C:\.. -LC:\sdl\i686-w64-mingw32\lib -w -Wl,-subsystem,windows -lmingw32 -lSDL2main -lSDL2 -lSDL2_image -lSDL2_ttf -lSDL2_mixer -o C:\.... pause //Tried removing pause This is the code of the .bat: cd C:\.......... Run.exe //if i use start run.exe no console displays at all I googled the issue and did some research but i cant find any relate able problems. Please help thank you!