The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
SDL 2.0 and new NDK R12
Timodor

Hello People,

I just installed the new NDK and I'm getting this error.

C:/adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702/android-ndk-r12/build//../platforms/android-21/arch-arm64/usr/include -c jni/SDL/src/SDL.c -o ./obj/local/arm64-v8a/objs/SDL2/src/SDL.o, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [obj/local/arm64-v8a/objs/SDL2/src/SDL.o] Error 2

I can't seem to figure out what it is.
JeZ-l-Lee

Hi,

Not sure this helps, but you can download older Android NDK versions at below website URL:
https://github.com/taka-no-me/android-cmake/blob/master/ndk_links.md
Timodor

Thanks

I was using an older version, which was working fine. R8D

I'm trying new version in order to try and get an increase in performance. Just getting odd values, my Tablet which has Dual Core and my Phone which has Quad Core with the only difference is the Dual core runs at 1.3Ghz and Quad Core (Phone Runs at 1.2) yet the Tablet can handle 75 fps in 3D Game Play, yet the Phones Dives down to 35fps to 40fps

They're are the same processors, basically A7 Cortex, Graphics card seems better on the Phone.
SDL 2.0 and new NDK R12
hardcoredaniel

I just tested NDK r12 on Linux, and I do not see an issue. You can even switch to clang without build failures. I have not tested the binaries though.

But I do not have the original SDL setup, so maybe I simply don't see the issue.

Can you share some more information about your system? Are you using Windows, Linux or Mac OS? How do you have your project configured? What is the command line that you use to build SDL? If on Windows, are you using Cygwin or Mingw? Do you have the sources available for easy reproduction on another system? Any other info that would be relevant to know?

Regards,

Daniel

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: Timodor
Komu:
Datum: 30. 6. 2016 6:48:13
Předmět: Re: [SDL] SDL 2.0 and new NDK R12
Quote:
Thanks

I'm trying new version in order to try and get an increase in performance. Just getting odd values, my Tablet which has Dual Core and my Phone which has Quad Core with the only difference is the Dual core runs at 1.3Ghz and Quad Core (Phone Runs at 1.2) yet the Tablet can handle 75 fps in 3D Game Play, yet the Phones Dives down to 35fps to 40fps

They're are the same processors, basically A7 Cortex, Graphics card seems better on the Phone.

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org
Re: SDL 2.0 and new NDK R12
Timodor

I'm using Windows7, ECLIPSE, Juno with CGWIN.

Thats my current NDK build. Working But this is the old version.

I try switching Directory to the NEW NDK, it gives that errors, Maybe something to so with the GNU MAKE FILE.

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702\android-ndk-r8d\ndk-build.cmd

hardcoredaniel wrote:
I just tested NDK r12 on Linux, and I do not see an issue. You can even switch to clang without build failures. I have not tested the binaries though.

But I do not have the original SDL setup, so maybe I simply don't see the issue.

Can you share some more information about your system? Are you using Windows, Linux or Mac OS? How do you have your project configured? What is the command line that you use to build SDL? If on Windows, are you using Cygwin or Mingw? Do you have the sources available for easy reproduction on another system? Any other info that would be relevant to know?

Regards,

Daniel

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: Timodor
Komu:
Datum: 30. 6. 2016 6:48:13
Předmět: Re: [SDL] SDL 2.0 and new NDK R12
Quote:
Thanks

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org