The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
How to compile SDL 2.0.4 from source with MinGW-w64 64bit
leanid

I managed to compile SDL 2.0.4 with MinGW-w64 only with 32 bit toolchain. I use MSYS2 + Mingw64 and do "./configure && make && make install" I try MSYS2 from mingw32_shell and mingw64_shell(not works). On SDL download page I see archive with both 32 and 64 mingw libs, so how you manage to build it(64bit)? In sdl wiki I read about build bot, may be you can point me build bot system configuration? Thanks in advance!
How to compile SDL 2.0.4 from source with MinGW-w64 64bit
Alexander Sabourenkov

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 11:40 AM, leanid wrote:
Quote:
 On SDL download page I see archive with both 32 and 64 mingw libs, so how you manage to build it(64bit)? In sdl wiki I read about build bot, may be you can point me build bot system configuration? Thanks in advance!

I suspect buildbot doesn't use MSYS. Personally I found cross-building SDL (and a lot of other stuff) much easier than trying to set up anything resembling a windows-native build environment.

Install mingw-w64 , then it's just ./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
Re: How to compile SDL 2.0.4 from source with MinGW-w64 64bi
leanid

Alexander Sabourenkov wrote:
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 11:40 AM, leanid wrote:
Quote:
 On SDL download page I see archive with both 32 and 64 mingw libs, so how you manage to build it(64bit)? In sdl wiki I read about build bot, may be you can point me build bot system configuration? Thanks in advance!

I suspect buildbot doesn't use MSYS. Personally I found cross-building SDL (and a lot of other stuff) much easier than trying to set up anything resembling a windows-native build environment.

Install mingw-w64 , then it's just ./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

Perfect! Благодарю!