The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
iOS - Adding funrction to SDLUIKitDelegate
Starg

Hi,

I'm tying to add support for push notifications. I want to add this objective-c call to my code:
Code:
- (void)application:(UIApplication *)application didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken:(NSData *)deviceToken
{
    NSLog(@"Did Register for Remote Notifications with Device Token (%@)", deviceToken);
}

I'm assuming that this should be implemented as part of the SDLUIKitDelegate class. Can I add to a class that is already complied in a library?
Or can get this callback registered in some other way?
iOS - Adding funrction to SDLUIKitDelegate
Alex Szpakowski

You can create a subclass of SDLUIKitDelegate and implement it there. I believe it should work as long as you create a SDLUIKitDelegate category to override +(NSString *)getAppDelegateClassName to return the class name of your subclass.

(This is according to comments in SDL_uikitappdelegate.m – I haven’t tried it myself.)
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, at 11:00 AM, Starg wrote:
Hi,I'm tying to add support for push notifications. I want to add this objective-c call to my code:Code:- (void)application:(UIApplication *)application didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken:(NSData *)deviceToken{ NSLog(@"Did Register for Remote Notifications with Device Token (%@)", deviceToken);}
I'm assuming that this should be implemented as part of the SDLUIKitDelegate class. Can I add to a class that is already complied in a library?Or can get this callback registered in some other way?
_______________________________________________SDL mailinghttp://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org
Starg

Hi Alex, thanks for the info.

I've successfully added the new call to the SDL appDelegate. Here's how for anyone else interested:

Code:
// include the header when the app delegate code is
#import "../../../externalLibs/SDL2iOS/include/SDL_uikitappdelegate.h"

// Add a 'category' to the SDL app delegate class
@interface SDLUIKitDelegate (extra)
{
}
@end

// Add a method to the class.
@implementation SDLUIKitDelegate (extra)
- (void)application:(UIApplication *)application didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken:(NSData *)deviceToken
{
    NSLog(@"Did Register for Remote Notifications with Device Token (%@)", deviceToken);
}

- (void)application:(UIApplication *)application didFailToRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithError:(NSError *)error
{
    NSLog(@"Did Fail to Register for Remote Notifications");
    NSLog(@"%@, %@", error, error.localizedDescription);
}
@end

I had to copy SDL_uikitappdelegate.h to the SDL include files so it can be imported and for the class to be found. Not sure if there's a better way round this.
But the above works fine.
I didn't need to override the getAppDelegateClassName though.
Starg

Oh, one other thing. I renamed my main.cpp to main.mm and added this code to the top. I'll move it so somewhere more 'proper', but I thought I'd mention it if anyone else is trying to get this up and running quickly.