The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
Non desktop resolution fullscreen has trouble in SDL2 ?
titi

Hi, I am from the MegaGlest team and we currently try to migrate to SDL2. We have it running but we have problems with fullscreen mode.

Whenever I try to create a new window in fullscreen mode which does not use the the Desktop resolution I get a weird behaviour. The window is somehow shown borderless in the correct resolution, but its only part of a bigger "Desktop" where I can scroll out. It looks like I have a full screen desktop shown as virtual resolution in an 800x600.

This is what I do:
window = SDL_CreateWindow(windowTitleText.c_str(),SDL_WINDOWPOS_UNDEFINED,SDL_WINDOWPOS_UNDEFINED,800, 600, SDL_WINDOW_OPENGL | SDL_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN);

Do I Have to set something else ?

btw I get a similar behaviour if I change the window resolution in fullscreen mode.

I am trying this on Ubuntu Mate 14.04
The SDL2 version I refer too, is from Ubuntu 14.04, 2.0.2+dfsg1-3ubuntu1.1
Re: Non desktop resolution fullscreen has trouble in SDL2 ?
titi

We are really blocked with this issue and I already worked for several hours to find out what is wrong. Can someone comment on this ? Is this maybe just a bug in SDL2 for linux ? Is there a known workaround ?