The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
Unable to properly blend textures when using transparent png
Moon Mooner

So I'm having this problem with textures while working on a game. Let me explain:I have a .png, all of its pixels are white (RGB = 255, 255, 255) and have alpha values equal to 0. I load that png to a texture, this is supposed to be transparent texture. I create second texture from actual drawings for the game. When I put the transparent texture on the top of the actual game image - nothing gets displayed on the screen. Because the transparent texture doesn't have any non-0 alpha pixels, it shouldn't affect the drawings on the screen, right? It's like blending mode get set to SDL_BLENDMODE_NONE for this case. 
I tried setting the blending for the textures to SDL_BLENDMODE_BLEND (although the textures are created with the same blend mode as far as I know), I tried changing the renderer's blend mode still (from desperation) - nothing. The problem doesn't seem to appear if I have non-transparent pixels on texture. Why is this happening? Can I make the blending actually work in this way?  

Thanks
Danni111111

Hi,

Have you set the rederer to the right blend mode?

Code:
SDL_SetRenderDrawBlendMode(*Render Name Here*, SDL_BLENDMODE_BLEND);