The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
Problems with SDL2 and Windows
vraiment

Hi

I've created a simple program with SDL2 and SDL2_image that creates two surface of two different colors and then switch them every second. Also the program prints to the standard output in the console how many seconds have passed since the program started.

The problem is, after 7 seconds, the program stops updating the screen. I know that it keeps working as the terminal still shows the seconds, but the colors doesn't change anymore!

You can clone the git repository from here: https://github.com/Vraiment/SDLTest

Any ideas on why is this happening? I'm having the exact same issue on another kind of big pet project I'm working on.

Thanks Sad
macrofeet

Code:
The problem is, after 7 seconds, the program stops updating the screen. I know that it keeps working as the terminal still shows the seconds, but the colors doesn't change anymore!

You can clone the git repository from here: https://github.com/Vraiment/SDLTest

Any ideas on why is this happening? I'm having the exact same issue on another kind of big pet project I'm working on.

Thanks Sad

you're code worked fine for me vraiment past 7 seconds
vraiment

What Windows version are you using? With what visual studio version did you compile it?
macrofeet

Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop
Version 12.0.31101.00 Update 4
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.5.51650

Installed Version: Desktop Express

Visual C++ 2013 06157-004-0441005-02258
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013

Windows 8.1
macrofeet

Radeon HD8570
vraiment

Thanks a lot macrofeet! This sounds like there's an issue with Windows 10.