The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
SDL2 on PSP? Symbols with suffix _REAL?
Fighter19

Hello,
I'm trying to build SDL2 and SDL2_image for PSP. Building SDL2 seems to work fine, but when building SDL2_image, undefined references occur, while linking showimage.
I checked the flags, SDL2.a is correctly added to the Linker flags. Now, it says the undefined references would be for example SDL_Quit.
I checked SDL2.a with nm. And strangely there was only SDL_Quit_REAL (not SDL_Quit) as a symbol accessible (checked SDL.o even there no SDL_Quit only SDL_Quit_REAL).
I've never seen that _REAL as an addition to a symbol name. Maybe some one knows more about it, so I know how to alter the building for either SDL2_image or SDL2 (or just the resulting binary, showimage).
P.S.: I hope this is the right forum/subsection.
Fighter19

Here is the relevant output from nm in SDL.o:
Code:
         U SDL_LogResetPriorities_REAL
00000000 d SDL_MainIsReady
         U SDL_memset_REAL
         U SDL_QuitInit
         U SDL_QuitQuit
00000518 T SDL_Quit_REAL
00000250 T SDL_QuitSubSystem_REAL
         U SDL_SetError_REAL

while in SDL 1.2 (which works) it is just:
Code:

U SDL_JoystickQuit
00000304 T SDL_Linked_Version
000002e8 T SDL_Quit
000001f8 T SDL_QuitSubSystem
         U SDL_SetError
Fighter19

Ok, after reading googling and reading the source code a little I found that this is due to dynapi. Now I don't think the ability to drop in a newer SDL version is needed on PSP? So I think I can deactivate that without any problems (It's statically linked, always)?