The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
SDl2.0 and Windows Phone
samleo

Well, I would like to know: does SDL2.0 support Windows Phone? I'm going to developer a game and I want to focus in many platforms as possible just using C or C++
DLudwig

There is limited, and somewhat experimental (i.e. potentially-buggy) support for Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1 in SDL 2.x, via its "WinRT" backend. A few apps have been released using it, to my knowledge.

Documentation on it is a bit spread-out at the moment. I have a bunch of TODOs to improve this, although I'm not certain when I'll be able to get to each of them. In the meantime, here are some resources and notes that might be of help:

- Some setup instructions were recently added to the README-winrt.md file. This isn't in any released copy of SDL, as of yet. In the meantime, the latest version (from SDL's source control server) can be found at https://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/raw-file/tip/docs/README-winrt.md

- Some status details are at https://bitbucket.org/DavidLudwig/sdl/wiki/Home . This info is a bit out of date, but most of it applies to the current SDL2 code in Mercurial. I am aiming to update this info, and move to the official, README-winrt file, hopefully in the near future.

- Support for WinRT apps is primarily limited towards Direct3D-only (non-XAML) apps. There is experimental support for integrating with the XAML framework, however it's fairly buggy at the moment, and limited to Windows 8.0 and 8.1 via WinRT-XAML's SwapChainBackgroundPanel class. There are also some threading issues that can make it tricky to mix SDL and XAML code.

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions about SDL on Windows Phone 8.x, feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
-- David L.
samleo

Ok, I will port the game to Android, until the Windows Phone support be better.
Thanks for the answer.