The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
[GAME] JorogumoJump physics platformer
Ezzence

In the past months I have created a 2D physics based platformer/robot spider simulator, using Box2D and SDL2, and I think it's interesting enough to be worth checking out so I'll link it here.
More details below.

http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/jorogumojump/32338/

So what's the game about? If you have played some 2D platformers you have probably met a scene where the main character has to keep progressing upwards while from below a "lava" is rising.
Well the game is very similar to that, except there is no screen-scrolling, and instead new platforms keep being spawned and slowly melt away in acid.
So what's interesting about it? The controls aren't handled by the traditinal 4 key up-down-left-right scheme, and nor do keys the stand for directions. To control the Jorogumo the player must use 6 keys, and each key is responsible for specific type of joint movement. Mastering this shall provide a challenge to the player.
The game also features up to 3 players, and bit of a progression system with multiple maps.
Admiteddly the game was more of learning project for me than anything else, but I think it turned out fun enough to be worth sharing.

any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated Very Happy

LAURENT*

It seems very interesting but until I ditch the window 8 tablet I cannot interact with RAR files.