The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
Minimal Linux configuration?
REVERSE

I have a project to work on, somewhat like an embedded system.

And I want to ask: what is the minimal viable linux configuration for SDL 2.0 to work without X Server?

First of all, I want to install a minimal Debian to VirtualBox, without X Server. What drivers can I use for the graphics (fullscreen and if it is possible with hw-acceleration)?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: In the project I will use all the subsystems - graphics, sound, mouse and so on.
Minimal Linux configuration?
Alberto Corona

On Apr 16, 2014 6:20 AM, "REVERSE" wrote:
Quote:

I have a project to work on, somewhat like an embedded system.

And I want to ask: what is the minimal viable linux configuration for SDL 2.0 to work without X Server?

First of all, I want to install a minimal Debian to VirtualBox, without X Server. What drivers can I use for the graphics (fullscreen and if it is possible with hw-acceleration)?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: In the project I will use all the subsystems - graphics, sound, mouse and so on.
If you're going yo be using all the systems with SDL then what exactly are you asking about? You can already use SDL without an xserver, you will just be unable to create a window and IIRC a renderer. I'm not entirely sure if the graphics subsystem will initiate though I believe it does.

I'm just asking about some advices about drivers and other config.