The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
SDL_HapticRumblePlay odd behavior?
jsalina

Windows 10, ps3 controller, MotionInJoy with Xnput as xbox 360, codeblocks, sdl 2.0.4

I'm able to get the controller to rumble by calling RumblePlay, but the strength and length vary randomly even though I'm always passing same input (haptic, 1.0f, 2000). Sometimes it rumbles real quick, other times the full 2 seconds at max strength, other times not at all. I noticed when many missiles hit my player in rapid succession it rumbles the first time, but then doesn't rumble at all or very low strength/duration for remaining missiles (each missile triggers one rumble call). This happens regardless of the strength and duration input I use.

Thanks
jsalina

Also wanted to add that when I use Vibration Testing button in the MotionInJoy UI is rumbles every time same duration same strength. I've tried SDL_HapticRumbleStop() before the Play() call as well and that doesn't do anything.
jsalina

For anyone that cares I think I found it out... I just got ps4 and tried with that controller and it works fine. Turns out the motors in my ps3 controller are dying.
SDL_HapticRumblePlay odd behavior?
Ed Phillips

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016, jsalina wrote:

Quote:
For anyone that cares I think I found it out... I just got ps4 and tried with that controller and it
works fine. Turns out the motors in my ps3 controller are dying.

Thanks for the follow-up!

Ed

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org