The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
SDL_mixer OS X can't find ogg vorbis libraries
zentoad

Here's a stack overflow with the same problem.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32936174/configure-unable-to-find-header-files#

I've installed ogg, vorbis, and vorbis-tools with brew, and everything is in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include, but SDL_mixer won't build with ogg/vorbis support
brada

IIRC, you cant build with the brew versions without changing how the SDL_mixer build script is searching for libraries. You either have to download/build the Framework versions of ogg/vorbis and install them, or you have to change the SDL_mixer build to look for those brew dylibs/headers wherever it is brew installs them.

Havent tried in over a year so maybe things changed, but it sounds like its still the case. Did you try building SDL_mixer with brew as well? I would think that might work.
zentoad

I did try to install SDL_mixer with brew, but it installed an old 1.x version instead of 2.0, so that didn't help. Since I'm doing cross-platform development, I don't really want to use the framework. I looked at OpenAL, which may be a better option.
brada

zentoad wrote:
I did try to install SDL_mixer with brew, but it installed an old 1.x version instead of 2.0, so that didn't help. Since I'm doing cross-platform development, I don't really want to use the framework. I looked at OpenAL, which may be a better option.

Using the framework on mac wont affect anything about being cross platform; its just a fancy folder that has the library binary and header files contained in it and it supports versioning. If you use cmake for building it will handle all of this for you. I use frameworks on Mac for all of my projects which always work on Mac/Windows/Linux. OpenAL is also a framework on Mac anyway so same issue anyway.
zentoad

I usually do development on Windows, but that computer died. I don't really know my way around the Mac yet.
I do have a SDL_mixer framework. I will give it a try.