The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
Comments and feedback
Owen Alanzo Hogarth

I've been looking at the sdl source code and more specifically the android side of things.

There's a few issues that I'm running into.

1) I was working on a live wallpaper based off the sdlactivity, I implemented it to a point but all the static references causes issues with getting all the bugs ironed out.

For 1 unlike an activity services can totally get killed so static references just messes things up. Especially for a live wallpaper where you can actually have 2 active at one time; 1 as an actual live wallpaper and then going to add a new one. At that point there are two instances and the static references just causes issues.

I can fix it but I will need to implement the SDL_Android.c class w/o static references which shouldn't be too bad.

The other issue is that since android is moving away from ant/ eclipse to android studio/ gradle and with the current experimental build you can use depreciated ndk method to build but it's already listed as depreciated. I wanted to create a gradle build for the sdl2 library.

So I plan to write a gradle build for the sdl project and 2 make sure that sdl can make bug free livewallpapers for the android platform. It would be awesome to have these two changes become an official part of the sdl source and that's why I am asking here first if that's something that once completed could be incorporated with sdl?