The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
SDL_Event; EXC_BAD_ACCESS
KPEric

Hello guys! I am currently experiencing an error I do not understand and I hope somebody can help me. Sometimes when starting my game I receive the following error: Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, adress=0x8). When I check the console the problem is located in my InputHandler.cpp File in the following function: Code: void InputHandler::ProcessEvents() { SDL_Event event; while(SDL_PollEvent(&event)) { switch (event.type) { // Input->Mouse case SDL_MOUSEMOTION: onMouseMove(event); break; case SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN: onMouseButtonDown(event); break; case SDL_MOUSEBUTTONUP: onMouseButtonUp(event); break; // Input->Keyboard case SDL_KEYDOWN: onKeyDown(); break; case SDL_KEYUP: onKeyUp(); break; // Input->Quit case SDL_QUIT: bGameRun = false; break; default: break; } } }
Overtime when the event.type = (Uint32) is 56 it seems not to work. Did anyone experience a same problem? What's wrong with the event.type = 56? Thank you in advance. Eric