The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
Building SDL_ttf on windows 8.1 arm
asdron

Hi. I have discovered problem with building release dll of SDL_ttf for ARM (windows 8.1). I'm getting this error
Quote:
3>c:\users\username\documents\projects\sdl2\sdl_ttf\external\freetype-2.4.12\src\autofit\afcjk.c(307): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
3> (compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\main.c', line 228)
3> To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.

If I will change optimization level of freetype project to O1, dll will be created successfully. I would like to know is there another solution how to fix it?
Re: Building SDL_ttf on windows 8.1 arm
DLudwig

asdron wrote:
If I will change optimization level of freetype project to O1, dll will be created successfully. I would like to know is there another solution how to fix it?

Hmmm, I thought I had already pushed out a fix for that one. It looks like I hadn't. Apologies for that! A fix is, however, now available on hg.libsdl.org.

The fix you described seems pretty much correct, unfortunately, (changing /O2 to /O1), although the fix appears to be limitable to just one file (Freetype's autofit.c), and only when building Release + ARM (the bug doesn't seem to appear on either x86/Win32 or x64 builds). The patch I pushed out keeps this limitation, so most of Freetype + SDL_ttf will continue to build with /O2.

Thanks for the info on this!

-- David L.