The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
JeZxLee's"TetriAttack 3":Open-Source Cross-Platfor
JeZ-l-Lee

JeZxLee's"TetriAttack 3":Open-Source Cross-Platform!

Hi,

My development team and I are proud to release our new open-source cross-platform puzzle game called "TetriAttack 3".
This is a nearly completed "Release Candidate" and we were hoping some of the people here could help test it.
After the conclusion of testing, the game will be released to OpenPandora Linux handheld console computer.

If you would like to help out then please download, decompress and play the ZIP file located at the below URL link:
http://16bitsoft.com/files/TA3/TA3-WinLinux-ReleaseCandidate.zip
The ZIP contains both Windows and Linux versions(a makefile is included to build executable on any Linux distro)

Game Requirements:
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32Bit/64Bit desktop or notebook
- Any Linux 32Bit/64Bit desktop or notebook

* To build on Linux you will need the following:
- G++
- SDL 1.2 + dev
- SDL_Image 1.2 + dev
- SDL_Mixer 1.2 + dev
- SDL_TTF 1.2 + dev
- OpenGL for good performance

Thanks in advance!

JeZxLee
16BitSoft Inc.
Video Game Design Studio
www.16BitSoft.com

Jeffrey Carpenter

Hello,

Congrats on nearing a release! :-)

I briefly tested the binaries on my OS X Mavericks system using WINE and the game appears to run almost flawlessly. Toggling fullscreen would cause me to have to restart the game. It was uncertain to me if the problem was with SDL, the game or my slightly odd multi-display setup -- but hardly an issue in any regard, all things considered! Joystick inputs with my game controller -- Sony PS3 "sixaxis" gamepad -- was non-responsive, most likely due to me not doing whatever WINE-specific configuration necessary there.

Perhaps more interesting to you would be the fact that I was able to build and run the game on my OS X system (clang compiler), simply by changing the OPENGL_LIBS variable from the supplied makefile from "-lGL" to "-framework OpenGL". The only problem I noticed was lack of music tracks; something along the lines of "ERROR: Unrecognized music format" was observed from my console output, but the game did handle the err gracefully (i.e.: didn't hang, crash, etc.). In any regard, I'm almost certain that the issue is a build (linking) problem on my side.
No problem toggling fullscreen as was the case under WINE. Joystick inputs with my game controller -- Sony PS3 "sixaxis" gamepad -- worked as expected, albeit with crazy button mappings! Wink I'm guessing that a UI for remapping joystick buttons is marked for later inclusion?

Cheers,
Jeffrey Carpenter

On 2014/10/ 28, at 3:23, JeZ-l-Lee wrote:

Quote:
JeZxLee's"TetriAttack 3":Open-Source Cross-Platform!

Hi,

My development team and I are proud to release our new open-source cross-platform puzzle game called "TetriAttack 3".
This is a nearly completed "Release Candidate" and we were hoping some of the people here could help test it.
After the conclusion of testing, the game will be released to OpenPandora Linux handheld console computer.

If you would like to help out then please download, decompress and play the ZIP file located at the below URL link:
http://16bitsoft.com/files/TA3/TA3-WinLinux-ReleaseCandidate.zip
The ZIP contains both Windows and Linux versions(a makefile is included to build executable on any Linux distro)

Game Requirements:
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32Bit/64Bit desktop or notebook
- Any Linux 32Bit/64Bit desktop or notebook

* To build on Linux you will need the following:
- G++
- SDL 1.2 + dev
- SDL_Image 1.2 + dev
- SDL_Mixer 1.2 + dev
- SDL_TTF 1.2 + dev
- OpenGL for good performance

Thanks in advance!

JeZxLee
16BitSoft Inc.
Video Game Design Studio
www.16BitSoft.com

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org

Re: JeZxLee's"TetriAttack 3":Open-Source Cross-Pla
JeZ-l-Lee

Jeffrey Carpenter wrote:
Hello,

I briefly tested the binaries on my OS X Mavericks system using WINE and the game appears to run almost flawlessly. Toggling fullscreen would cause me to have to restart the game. It was uncertain to me if the problem was with SDL, the game or my slightly odd multi-display setup -- but hardly an issue in any regard, all things considered! Joystick inputs with my game controller -- Sony PS3 "sixaxis" gamepad -- was non-responsive, most likely due to me not doing whatever WINE-specific configuration necessary there.

Perhaps more interesting to you would be the fact that I was able to build and run the game on my OS X system (clang compiler), simply by changing the OPENGL_LIBS variable from the supplied makefile from "-lGL" to "-framework OpenGL". The only problem I noticed was lack of music tracks; something along the lines of "ERROR: Unrecognized music format" was observed from my console output, but the game did handle the err gracefully (i.e.: didn't hang, crash, etc.). In any regard, I'm almost certain that the issue is a build (linking) problem on my side.
No problem toggling fullscreen as was the case under WINE. Joystick inputs with my game controller -- Sony PS3 "sixaxis" gamepad -- worked as expected, albeit with crazy button mappings! Wink I'm guessing that a UI for remapping joystick buttons is marked for later inclusion?

Cheers,
Jeffrey Carpenter

Hi,

Thanks for testing our game!

Full screen seems to be working on our Xubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit development desktop,
but there seems to be a problem on our Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit test desktop.
We will investigate and try to fix the problem.

Thank you again!

JeZxLee

For people in mailing list just click below URL link to see this in the SDL forums:
http://forums.libsdl.org/viewtopic.php?t=10799
Sanette

works very well for me (ubuntu 14.04/ 64bit) incl. fullscreen.
congrats for the nice game, btw !

Le 30/10/2014 03:53, JeZ-l-Lee a écrit :

Quote:

Jeffrey Carpenter wrote: Hello,

Cheers,
Jeffrey Carpenter
<>

Hi,

Thanks for testing our game!

Full screen seems to be working on our Xubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit development desktop,
but there seems to be a problem on our Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit test desktop.
We will investigate and try to fix the problem.

Thank you again!

JeZxLee

For people in mailing list just click below URL link to see this in the SDL forums:
http://forums.libsdl.org/viewtopic.php?t=10799

Quote: