The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
SDL2 downward compatibility
Meldryt

Hi,
We want to develop a small 2D game for several platforms (Win, WP8, Android, iOS, OS X, maybe Linux).
Unfortunatelly the latest release doesnt include the WinRT VS projects, so i took the current SDL libraries from the repositories.
Thanks to Mr.Ludwig the prototype is working on WinRT.

Now my mate has problems with building the current SDL libraries on OS X. He says, building was successful but there is no framework.

So my question is, if its possible to develop on SDL2.0.3 and compile this code on my WinRT project with the current SDL version without getting errors.
Re: SDL2 downward compatibility
DLudwig

Meldryt wrote:
So my question is, if its possible to develop on SDL2.0.3 and compile this code on my WinRT project with the current SDL version without getting errors.

It's probably possible. I don't recall seeing anything introduced since SDL 2.0.3's release that'd cause problems. I have SDL/WinRT-utilizing app projects that I haven't touched in a long while, outside of changing internal path references (to SDL/WinRT's MSVC projects), that work fine with the latest SDL code + project files.

Maybe give it a shot, and if it starts failing, post back with details?

Cheers,
-- David L.
brada

Quote:
Now my mate has problems with building the current SDL libraries on OS X. He says, building was successful but there is no framework

unfortunately, it doesnt sounds like he knows what he is doing... probably not looking in the right place. I'm assuming a reasonably recent version of OS X here.
Meldryt

i dont know anything about OS X, so we try it with version 2.0.3. i will report if there are complications with the port.