The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
ftol
Manuel Montoto

Hello, compiling into a static library (win32) instead of a .dll I get sometimes errors with MSVCRT at the link stage, due to a duplicate _ftol2_sse() function in SDL_stdlib.c. At first I thought was maybe needed for the Linux or OSX versions, but as far as I can see this function is not used anywhere else.

Should it be deleted from there or am I just having some sort of misconfiguration? Simply commenting it out solves the problem (for me, in my particular confguration, of course).

Thank you!
ftol
Sam Lantinga

You should just be able to add #define HAVE_LIBC to the top of SDL_config_windows.h

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Manuel Montoto wrote:
Quote:
Hello, compiling into a static library (win32) instead of a .dll I get sometimes errors with MSVCRT at the link stage, due to a duplicate _ftol2_sse() function in SDL_stdlib.c. At first I thought was maybe needed for the Linux or OSX versions, but as far as I can see this function is not used anywhere else.

Should it be deleted from there or am I just having some sort of misconfiguration? Simply commenting it out solves the problem (for me, in my particular confguration, of course).

Thank you!

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org

Manuel Montoto

Hey Sam, sorry for my lack of time to reply; thanks for your reply, will proceed in that way :-)