The SDL forums have moved to discourse.libsdl.org.
This is just a read-only archive of the previous forums, to keep old links working.

SDL Forum Index
SDL
Simple Directmedia Layer Forums
Games industry internship opportunity
Vance, Michael

Hi all,

Time for my annual solicit of candidates for internship from the SDL list. Last year I actually recruited one of our summer interns through the list, a PhD candidate studying in Tokyo (hi Maciej). Hopefully it will bear fruit again this year!

Please email me privately off-list with your resume and work sample.

Regards,

Michael Vance
Technical Director
Activision Maine

---

Activision Blizzard is seeking talented programmers to join its Central Technology division on a summer internship or co-op basis. This is a rare East Coast opportunity to develop cutting edge games technology, learn the next-gen consoles inside and out, and to work with top developers like Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Neversoft, Freestyle Games, and Vicarious Visions. Past interns have worked on problems such as GPU tessellation, computer vision, and stereoscopic 3-D rendering in the context of a shipping product, and have been credited in the development of AAA games.

Successful candidates will demonstrate superior programming and problem solving skills, and will be self-motivated and reliable.

Qualifications:

- Working knowledge of C++
- Experience with at least one game-related domain such as graphics, networking, embedded systems
- GPGPU, multi-threading, optimization, physics, and/or artificial intelligence algorithms are a plus
- Practical facility in a language such as Perl or Python is helpful
- Students must be enrolled in a 4 year college/university program

The position is located in Portland, ME.
Games industry internship opportunity
Sam Lantinga

FYI, this is a tremendous opportunity, and I encourage anyone who wants to level up their game development skills to apply!

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Vance, Michael wrote:
Quote:

Hi all,

Time for my annual solicit of candidates for internship from the SDL list. Last year I actually recruited one of our summer interns through the list, a PhD candidate studying in Tokyo (hi Maciej). Hopefully it will bear fruit again this year!

Please email me privately off-list with your resume and work sample.

Regards,

Michael Vance
Technical Director
Activision Maine

---

Activision Blizzard is seeking talented programmers to join its Central Technology division on a summer internship or co-op basis.  This is a rare East Coast opportunity to develop cutting edge games technology, learn the next-gen consoles inside and out, and to work with top developers like Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Neversoft, Freestyle Games, and Vicarious Visions. Past interns have worked on problems such as GPU tessellation, computer vision, and stereoscopic 3-D rendering in the context of a shipping product, and have been credited in the development of AAA games.

Successful candidates will demonstrate superior programming and problem solving skills, and will be self-motivated and reliable.

Qualifications:

- Working knowledge of C++
- Experience with at least one game-related domain such as graphics, networking, embedded systems
- GPGPU, multi-threading, optimization, physics, and/or artificial intelligence algorithms are a plus
- Practical facility in a language such as Perl or Python is helpful
- Students must be enrolled in a 4 year college/university program

The position is located in Portland, ME.

http://lists.libsdl.org/listinfo.cgi/sdl-libsdl.org